I’ve been asked a number of questions today about the garage sale, so thought I would answer them here, for everybody.
1.. Yes, you can sell your art. In fact, I would love to see a few people doing this. The sale is not limited to just supplies.
2. Yes, you can sell your homemade foodstuffs. I know it’s not ‘art stuff’, (there are those, though, who would argue cooking is an art), but I think it really adds to the whole event to have some food there.
3. Yes, you can sell vintage and collectable items. I would ask, though, that 1/2 of the goods you are selling are art related. I am going to mention, on the flyers and online ads, that vintage items will also be sold.
4. Yes, all your friends and acquaintances are welcome to sell their artsy-fartsy stuff, too. The more, the merrier!
5. For those of you who did not attend the last sale we had, it will take place along Quebec St., between 10th and 11th Avenues, in front of my apartment building (which has it’s own share of fabulous artists). You’ll have to bring your own table, blanket, whatever.
6. Parking is sometimes difficult in this area as so much of it is designated ‘Permit Parking Only’. You will probably have to drop off your stuff then park a block or two away.
Okay, that answers all the questions I’ve received so far. Do email me if there is anything else you would like to know.
Seeing as how I’m doing this blog post, anyway, check out this cool site I just discovered:
Bored In Vancouver
I haven’t had time to really go through it, but I’m sure there are few discoveries to be made. I did see a link to ‘Submit a Listing’, so I’ll be sending them the info on the garage sale.